July 31, 2021
MONTANA SADDLE SCHOOL ATTENDANCE GUIDELINES
In order to provide as much safety and protection from the Corona virus for both instructors and attending students, the following procedures and precautions will be observed and followed:
1. Anyone visiting the school must wear a mask. Masks are provided at the door. Students and instructors in contact with visitors will also observe the mask rule.
2. The shop is large and adequate to provide sufficient work space. During the first week of each class when demonstrations and close contact is necessary, the mask rule will be observed.
3. Hand washing with soap and water as well as hand sanitizer will be observed.
4. The bathroom will be sanitized at the end of each work day.
5. Students will limit travel and contacts outside of the school.
6. Albertsons grocery store in Belgrade opens at 6am. The County Market opens at 7am. The school will adjust the class times to accommodate these openings.
Thank you to everyone for helping to make the saddle school a safe and rewarding experience.
Here are the dates for the 2021/2022 school year:
August 23, 2021..........September 17, 2021
October 4, 2021..........October 29, 2021
November 8, 2021..........December 3, 2021
December 12, 2021.........December 17, 2021: Pack Saddle/Pack Equipment
December 29, 2021.........January 25, 2022
January 31, 2022.........February 25, 2022
March 7, 2022.........April 1, 2022
April 11, 2022.........May 6, 2022
May 16, 2022.........June 10, 2022
If you wish to schedule a class time please call 406-388-1387 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Norma and Dale Moore
Learn the art of
Knowledge builds the saddle, experience makes the difference
“Having retired from the Montana school system, I spent my life to this point being a teacher, an administrator and with a Master’s Degree in Education, I still felt the desire to teach. I have been building saddles and tack for fifty years. It felt the most natural next step for me was to teach what I love, the art of saddle building. With my wife, Norma, we founded the Montana Saddle Building School.”
Montana Horseman Saddle Building School is one of the most all-encompassing schools available. Instruction is integrated with a “hands on” “learn by doing” approach. Five weeks of detailed instruction and assistance leads each student through design and layout to a top quality Western saddle. Instruction includes the history of antique saddles and the makers.
Dale will make you a cup of cowboy coffee, tell you true stories about snow deeper than your horse’s belly, and fog so thick you have to trust your horse to lead you out of the Montana Wilderness. He’ll teach you more than you thought possible about horses, mules, saddles and equipment.
Just a word from Kevin (Dale's son), "For all you would be saddle makers out there, Pops would rather not see ear buds in class."